Systems Trainer Certificate: Advanced Practitioner Certification (STML500) : In partnership with Cabrera Research Lab
The Advanced Practitioner Certification (STML 500) is a highly interactive, hands-on programme that offers advanced applications of all of the concepts taught in Systems Thinking (ST101), Systems Mapping (SM201) and Systems Leadership (SL301).
Participants can work with peers in a cohort to aggregate their insights and learn from one another. STML500 enhances participants’ understanding and appreciation of systems thinking efforts by providing access to free resources and ongoing support, as needed. You can learn from, and leverage shared expertise from experts and a community of peers. Through this programme, you will deepen your knowledge and be empowered to apply systems thinking, mapping and leadership to your context in your organisation.
- Apply all of the Systems Thinking (ST101), Systems Mapping (SM201) and Systems Leadership (SL301) Can Dos to your personal and/or professional life
- Facilitate and motivate the application of Systems Thinking, Systems Mapping and Systems Leadership in your organisation or context
- Strategise and plan the implementation of Systems Thinking, Systems Mapping and Systems Leadership in your organisation or context
- Communicate and present through different forms (i.e., spontaneous vs planned; different audiences with different problems; different delivery formats and lengths; and using an array of mediums) in your organisation or context
At the end of the programme, you should be able to:
- Deepen your knowledge and build skills for leading systems thinking efforts and training in your organisation
- Learn from experts and a community of peers
- Apply Systems Thinking, Systems Mapping, and Systems Leadership to your context
Derek Cabrera (PhD, Cornell) is an internationally known systems scientist who, in 2021, was inducted as a Member of the International Academy for Systems and Cybernetic Sciences for outstanding contributions to the field. Derek serves on the faculty of Cornell University, is Faculty Director for the Graduate Certification Program in Systems Thinking, Modeling, and Leadership (STML) and is a senior scientist at Cabrera Research Lab. He was Co-Founder and Chief Science Officer of Plectica (since sold to Frameable), where he invented several software applications.
Laura Cabrera (B.S., M.P.A, & PhD, Cornell) currently teaches Systems Thinking and Modelling and Systems Leadership at Cornell University at the Institute for Policy Affairs. She is also the Program Director for Cornell’s Graduate Certification Program in Systems Thinking, Modelling, and Leadership (STML). Cabrera serves as faculty for the SC Johnson College of Business, where she delivers Executive Education Programs to executive teams. She is co-founder and chief research officer at Cabrera Research Lab and was Co-Founder and Chief Research Officer of Plectica (now Frameable).