SYSTEMS THINKING FOR MANAGERS
This 3-day programme aims to equip managers with perspectives and tools to better understand system complexity and to use systems thinking to formulate more effective strategies for problem solving and managing change.
A combination of learning methodologies will also be used. These include lectures, short presentations, videos, interactive learning activities, experiential learning, individual reflection, and group dialogue.
- What is Systems Leadership?
- Shifting to the Systems Perspective
- Systems Thinking Maxims; Understanding Complexity and Types of Problems; Complexity Mindset
- Mapping our Systems View
- Systemic Diagnosis
- Introduction to Levels of Perspective (LOP) Framework
- Overview of Language & Tools of Systems Thinking
- Reinforcing and Balancing Feedback
- Causal Loop Diagrams (CLDs)
- Behaviour-over-time Graphs (BOT graphs)
- Mapping Systemic Structures using Causal Loop Diagrams
- Systems Archetypes
- From Diagnostic to Systemic Intervention
- Developing Effective Interventions
- Identifying Systemic Interventions
- Practicing Systems Leadership and becoming an effective Systems Leader
- Revisit Systems Leadership Roles & Qualities of Systems Leaders
- What do effective Systems Leaders do? Map learning to Habits of Systems Leaders.
- 5 Stage View of becoming a Systems Leader
At the end of the programme, you should be able to:
- Understand the concept of Systems Leadership.
- List and explain the key Systems Thinking maxims.
- Understand the concept of complexity and how it relates to the different types of problems.
- Understand what is a system view and know how to map one.
- Use Behaviour–Over-Time (BOT) Graphs to map co-relationships in systems.
- Use Levels of Perspective (LOP) as a diagnostic tool for complex problems.
- Construct Causal loop Diagrams (CLD) to respect systemic structures.
- Identify higher leverage actions for more effective system intervention.
- Identify the different Systems Archetypes and explain how to manage them effectively.
- List and explain the steps from systemic diagnosis to intervention.
- List the key system leadership principles and attributes of an effective Systems Leader.
Together, we can make a systemic impact to the world.