Advanced Practitioner Certification (STML500)
The Advanced Practitioner Certification (STML 500) is a highly interactive, hands-on, and cohort-based programme that offers advanced applications of all of the concepts taught in Systems Thinking (ST101), Systems Mapping (SM201) and Systems Leadership (SL301).
You can learn from and leverage shared expertise from experts and a community of peers. In addition, completion of the course provides access to free resources, including slide decks you can adapt, and ongoing support as needed.
Through this programme, you will deepen your knowledge and be empowered to apply systems thinking, mapping and leadership to your context in your organisation.
- Apply all of the ST101, SM201 and SL301 “Can Dos” to your personal and/or professional life.
- Facilitate and motivate the application of Systems Thinking, Systems Mapping, Systems Leadership with your colleagues or in your organisation or context.
- Strategise and plan implementation of Systems Thinking, Systems Mapping and Systems Leadership with your colleagues or in your organisation or context.
- Clearly communicate and present through different forms (i.e., spontaneous vs. planned; different audiences with different problems; different delivery formats and lengths; and using an array of mediums) to your colleagues or in your organization or context.
At the end of the programme, you should be able to:
- Deepen your knowledge and build skills for leading systems thinking efforts and training in your organisation
- Learn from experts and a community of peers
- Apply Systems Thinking, Systems Mapping, and Systems Leadership to your context
Founding Faculty Bio
Derek Cabrera (PhD, Cornell) is an internationally known systems scientist who, in 2021, was inducted as a Member of the International Academy for Systems and Cybernetic Sciences for outstanding contributions to the field. Derek serves on the faculty of Cornell University, is Faculty Director for the Graduate Certification Program in Systems Thinking, Modeling, and Leadership (STML) and is a senior scientist at Cabrera Research Lab. He was Co-Founder and Chief Science Officer of Plectica (since sold to Frameable), where he invented several software applications.
Laura Cabrera (B.S., M.P.A, & PhD, Cornell) currently teaches Systems Thinking and Modelling and Systems Leadership at Cornell University at the Institute for Policy Affairs. She is also the Program Director for Cornell’s Graduate Certification Program in Systems Thinking, Modelling, and Leadership (STML). Cabrera serves as faculty for the SC Johnson College of Business, where she delivers Executive Education Programs to executive teams. She is co-founder and chief research officer at Cabrera Research Lab and was Co-Founder and Chief Research Officer of Plectica (now Frameable).